The SQF (Safe Quality Food) Program is a leading, global food safety and quality certification and management system, designed to meet the needs of buyers and suppliers worldwide. The Program is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and provides independent certification that a supplier’s food safety and quality management system complies with international and domestic food safety regulations. Attaining certification assures our customers that our food is produced, processed, prepared and handled according to the highest possible standards, at all levels of the supply chain.
The SQF 2000 Code is a HACCP-based food safety and quality management program which uses the CODEX HACCP method to address both food safety and quality. The system requirements are defined in each of the following core elements:
- Document Control and Records
- Specification and Product Development
- Attaining Food Safety
- Product Identification, Trace, Withdrawal and Recall
- Site Security
- Identity Preserved Foods
- Food Safety Fundamentals - Building and Equipment Design and Construction
- Food Safety Fundamentals – Pre-requisite Programs
There are three certification levels, each one indicating the stage of development of the supplier’s food safety and quality management system.
- Level 1: Food Safety Fundamentals
- Level 2: Certified HACCP Food Safety Plans
- Level 3: Comprehensive Food Safety and Quality Management System
With strong commitment from our senior management, all five of our Clement Pappas manufacturing sites have achieved Level 3 certification. Attaining certification is affirmation of our commitment to provide our customers with safe, wholesome foods and beverages and assure for our people and products, continued growth.